The 2015 One Book, One Community (OBOC) book choice Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline is now on display at Bishop Library.
Other titles about orphan trains and Irish immigration are being spotlighted in this display located across from the Dormflix DVD area of the library.
- From Cradle to Grave: Journey of the Louisiana Orphan Train Riders
by the Louisiana Orphan Train Society, Inc.
- Orphan Trains to Missouri
by Michael D. Patrick and Evelyn Goodrich Trickel
- Irish Immigration in the United States: Immigration Interviews
by Jeremiah O'Donovan
- The Orphan Trains: Placing Out in America
by Marilyn Irwin Holt
- Orphan Trains: The Story of Chance Loring Brace and The Children He Saved and Failed
by Stephen O'Connor
- An Orphan Trains Rider's Story: Mail-Order Kid
by Marilyn June Coffey
by Karen Cushman
- Train to Somewhere
by Eve Bunting
- Orphan Trains: An Interactive History Adventure
by Elizabeth Raum
- Orphan Train Rider: One Boy's True Story
by Andrea Warren
Don't forget to save the date for the LVC Brown Bag Book Discussion of Orphan Train at Bishop Library on Tuesday, February 17 at 11am in the Frock conference room. Come, eat your lunch, and discuss a great book. Beverages and a dessert will be provided. Bishop Library currently has six print copies of the book and one audiobook on CD available for checkout.
Copies are also available for purchase at the College Store. List price is $14.99, but if you mention OBOC you will receive a 20% discount.